Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Killing Art Follow Up

This posting is a follow up to a previous post called "Killing Art". Here is a bit of what I am talking about in photo form. Please forgive the poor image quality.

The first image is the one that still hurts to look at as I really like the painting at this point. It was a work from the "Micro/Macro" series where I would juxtapose a formal landscape or image with that of an ariel abstraction or in this case two, the left and right panels. The center panel is a of a nest that I had built several years ago. The nests were assembled from wysteria vines and measured anywhere from 3' to 5' high and then suspended in trees or lightpoles in groupings. The painting is a triptych measuring 5' x 12'.

The second and third photos are of the painting as it continued in phases until it ultimately was broken apart, repainted into something else completely and sold off individually.

I miss that first painting.



No comments: